Monday, April 03, 2006

Her Madgesty to Meet Her Subjects

I want to turn the "world into one big dance floor" so said Madonna today as she announced her new tour and a pretty grueling trek its likely to be, as she takes in North America, including San Jose, Fresno, Phoenix, Chicago, Montreal, Hartford, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Miami and Los Angeles then on to Japan & Britain followed by Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Duesseldorf, Hanover and Horsens in Denmark (rather random that last one!?)


My thoughts? Not bad for an old bird of 47! Lets face it, that could wipe out an artist half her age.
So what can we expect? Well…. costumes by Gaultier a Studio 54 theme and if British tabloid, The Sun is to be believed The Material Girl has also been inspired by David LaChapelle's street dance documentary Rize and plans to 'krump' on her forthcoming tour.


Is it me? Or does all this just smack a little of a mid life crisis? A desperate kind of look at me Ive still got it, I can Krump and I have a leotard and I’m not afraid to wear it! Maybe its time to put the gusset away and stop trying to prove you can outdance kids half your age and still mime? Am I being too harsh? Maybe? Well lets just hope her hernia holds up.
Official Tour Site: http://www.confessionstour.com/

No comments: